See below for a full list of raw feeding guides on PrimalPooch.com.
If you have any questions while going through the information on this site, feel free to reach out. I’ll do my best to get back to you ASAP.
Why Feed a Raw Diet?
If you’re beginning the research process, you’ll want to look here. Get answers to your questions. And find out why you should consider feeding your dog a raw diet.
- “Why You NEED to Feed Your Dog a Raw Food Diet” Book – Understand why raw diets are a better fit for your dog. What’s more, uncover how traditional pet foods (yes, even the “good” brands!) are hurting your dog’s health.
If You’re Brand New to Raw
For newbies who made the decision to feed raw. Read the following articles before getting started. Find out what to expect, how to be successful, types of raw diets, and where to look for more help.
- Raw Diets for Dogs Explained: Prey Model vs BARF – Learn the differences between the various types of raw diets for dogs: commercially prepared, BARF, and Prey Model.
- Best Raw Diet for Dogs: 7 FAQs to Help You Choose – Compare and contrast the pros and cons for the various types of raw diets above. Discover the best raw diet for you and your dog.
- A Complete List of Raw Feeding Resources – Over 101 tried-and-true educational raw feeding resources. This list includes websites, blogs, print publications and magazines, forums, groups, books, eBooks, ultimate guides, conferences, courses, documentaries, and more.
How To Articles
Now it’s time to get your feet wet. Below are my main guides on PrimalPooch.com that will show you exactly how to feed a raw diet.
- How Much Food Should I Feed My Dog on a Raw Diet? – Use this simple, step-by-step formula (based on your dog’s body weight) to help you determine how much raw dog food to feed. Plus, FAQs and longevity feeding secrets.
- How Often Should You Feed Your Dog a Raw Diet? – Get answers to your questions on meal frequency, how often to feed a dog based on age/life stage, meal-less feeding strategies, plus a feeding frequency hack to help your dog live longer.
- How to Transition Your Dog to a Raw Diet – Learn to transition your dog to a raw diet step-by-step. Choose from 5 transition options, find out exactly what to expect, and read tips for success.
- 10 Great Sources for Finding Raw Dog Food – If you’re not sure where to buy raw dog food or where to source raw ingredients, this article is for you. It lists 10 great sources to get you started ASAP.
- An Easy Way to Ensure Your Dog is Getting His Vitamins & Minerals: Supplement! – Learn more about Dr. Dobias’s vitamin and mineral supplements.
Not sure what to feed? Or, do you simply want to learn more about new ingredients, how to feed them, and where to buy them? These helpful guides have you covered.
- coming soon!
Uh oh! Any new diet is bound to have bumps in the road. See the following articles to troubleshoot any problems you may be experiencing.
- Helpful Advice if Your Dog Ate TOO Much Bone – If your dog ate too much bone either in their diet or by mistake, this article is a MUST read. It’s packed with helpful advice, plus two 4-step bone remediation plans you can follow right now.
- My Dog’s Not Interested in Raw Meat! – What to do if you’re dog isn’t interested in eating raw meat and bone. Learn a few tips, tricks, and raw food disguises to encourage your dog to start eating raw today.
Advanced Raw Feeding Topics
If you’re looking to expand your knowledge base, check out the articles below. They discuss more advanced raw feeding topics. Go ahead, geek out over raw dog food.
- The Great Debate: Do Dogs Need Fruits and Vegetables? – In this article, find in-depth answers to this question. Hear views from both sides of the argument, new research to consider, and more.
- Dog Food Calories: Everything the Raw Feeder Should Know – Find out how to calculate your dog’s caloric need. Or, use our FREE calculator. Learn the pros of cons for determining how much to feed using calories instead of the “2-3% guideline.”
- Where to Find Unbiased Raw Feeding Research – Learn where you can find unbiased, data-driven raw feeding research, testing, and scientific studies.
Raw Diet & Health Conditions
REAL Food is the first step to healing. If your dog has a health condition and you’d like to learn how to feed a raw diet, see the guides below:
- Did You Know Canine Liver Disease is Among the Top Five Killer of Dogs? – An overview of canine liver disease. Learn about liver function, causes of liver disease, symptoms, tests and diagnoses, and holistic treatment options.
- Canine Liver Disease: How a Raw Diet Can Help – Find out how a species-appropriate raw diet can be essential in preventing and treating liver issues/disease in dogs.
- Raw Feeding Guidelines for Dogs with Liver Disease – Helpful raw feeding guidelines, tips and advice for formulating a homemade diet for dogs with liver disease.
A natural health care routine is a necessary component to any healthy lifestyle. It’s also a perfect compliment to a raw diet! Read the following articles to learn more about caring for your dog naturally.
- coming soon!
Immerse yourself in the raw feeding lifestyle. Plus, check out other related and not-so-related topics.
- 10 Tips for Boarding a Raw Fed Dog – Advice for using a house-sitter or boarding a raw-fed dog. Read tips and hacks that can help non raw feeders implement your dog’s raw diet while you’re gone.
- Thanksgiving Foods for Dogs: Facts & Myths – Hear the myths and truths surrounding Thanksgiving foods for your dog. Find out which ones are harmful and which ones are not.